Galveston is a coastal city on the coast of the Mexican bay in the state of Texas. It is situated on the island with the same name and it is 70 km far from Houston. The city was established in 1839. For a while, it was the capital of republic of Texas after its independence from Spain.
Tourism is the main economy branch which brings over 800 million dollars of profit to this city per year. Over 50 km of sandy beaches, top restaurants (more than 250), exclusive resort hotels and great shopping make main tourist offer.
Tourist attractions of Galveston:
- Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Pier
- Schlitterbahn- water park
- Moody Gardens- – botanical park
- Lone Star Flight Museum
- The Strand- historical part
Climate:: Subtropical. Average temperature during summer is higher than 32 C.
It is one of the best restaurants with seafood in Galveston. It is situated close to the historical part Strand and it provides great view to the bay.
Why working in Landry’s Fisherman’s Wharf?
- For many years, employer hires Work and Travel students from all around the world
- You will work in a tropical heaven on the coast of the Mexican bay
- Employer provides assistance in finding accommodation
|Job title||Hourly wage||Tips||Average Hours per week||Housing provided||Overtime|
|Server Assistant||$ 6.50||Yes||30||No||Yes|